1) Abdel-Kader, M. and Luther, R. (2006). IFAC's Conception of the evolution of management accounting, Advances in management accounting, Vol. 15, pp.229-247
3) Bol, J.C., Smith, S.D., (2011). Spillover effects in subjective performance evaluation: bias and the asymmetric influence of controllability. Account. Rev. 86, 1213–1230
5) Dawson, T. L. (2008). Metacognition and learning in adulthood. Prepared in response to tasking from ODNI/CHCO/IC Leadership Development Office, Developmental Testing Service, LLC
6) Flavell, J. H. (1976). Metacognitive aspects of problem solving. The nature of intelligence, 12, 231-235.
7) Flavell, J. H. (1979). Metacognition and cognitive monitoring: A new area of cognitive-developmental inquiry. American Psychologist, 34(10), 906–911
8) Gibbs, M., Merchant, K., Vander Stede, W., Vargus, M., (2004). Determinants and effect of subjectivity in incentives. Account. Rev. 79, 409–436.
9) Micheli, P., & Mari, L. (2014). The theory and practice of performance measurement. Management Accounting Research, 25(2), 147-156. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.mar.2013.07.005
11) Ormond, C., Luszcz, M., Mann, L., & Beswick, G. (1991). A metacognitive analysis of decision making in adolescence. Journal Of Adolescence, 14(3), 275-291. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/0140-1971(91)90021-i
13) Rahnamay Roodposhti, F., & Shariati, M. (2012). Management accounting research methodologies: searching for the bests. International journal of finance, accounting and economic studies. Retrieved 5 May 2017, from http://ijfaes.srbiau.ac.ir/article_9200_696.html
14) Safari, Y., & Meskini, H. (2015). The Effect of Metacognitive Instruction on Problem Solving Skills in Iranian Students of Health Sciences. Global Journal of Health Science, 8(1), 150. http://dx.doi.org/10.5539/gjhs.v8n1p150
15) Schraw, G. & Dennison, R.S. (1994). Assessing metacognitive awareness. Contemporary Educational Psychology, 19, 460-475.
16) Shariati, M., Rahnamay Roodposhti, F., Talebnia, Gh. & Royaee, R., Metacognition, [Connotative meaning dimensions and management accountants' decision making: Studying Accounting students' minds]. Majaleye danesh hesabdari va hesabrasi modiriat,. (in persian abstract in english) 26(7), 11-30.
17) Shariati, M., Talebnia, Gh., & Royaee, R., (2018). [The mediating effect of self-leadership between metacognition and management accountants' decision making]. Iranian journal of valued and behavioral accounting (in persian abstract in english). 3(5):101-129.
18) Sorensen, J. (2009). Management Accountants in the United States: Practitioner and Academic Views of Recent. Handbook of Management Accounting Research, 1271-1296. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/s1751-3243(07)03004-0
19) Woods, A., (2012). Subjective adjustments to objective performance measures: the influence of prior performance. Accounting. Organ. Soc. 37, 403–425.