In this paper, we try and valuate preemption rights by modifying the Black-Scholes model, which is widely used to valuate options and other derivatives. Here we first present the basics of the Black-Scholes model and then we discus modification of the model to be fit for preemption right valuation. At the end, we valuate four of the preemptive rights using the proposed model
1) L. Bachelier, "Théorie de la speculation," Gauthier-Villars, 1900
2) M. F. M. Osborne,, "Brownian motion in the stock market," Operations Research, vol. 7, pp. 145-173, 1959.
3) P. Samuelson, "Rational theory of warrant pricing," Industrial Management Review, vol. 6, pp. 13-32, 1965.
4) B. Mandelbrot, "The variation of certain speculative prices," The Journal of Business, vol. 36, p. 394–419, 1963.
5) S. J. Press, "A compound events model for security prices," Journal of Business, vol. 40, pp. 317-335, 1967.
6) D. B. Madan and E. Seneta, "Chebyshev polynomial approximations and characteristic function estimation," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, vol. 49, no. 2, pp. 163-169, 1987.
7) F. Black and M. Scholes, "The pricing of options and corporate liabilities," Journal of Political Economy, vol. 81, no. 3, pp. 637-654, 1973.
8) R. Poortaheri and M. Karimi Khorami, "Generalized Hyperbolic Distribution and its Application in Finanical Mathematics- in Persian," Journal of Financial Enginiering and Security Management, pp. 119-134, 2012.
9) A. Samih and T. Annie, "The Black-Scholes Currency Option Pricing Model: Evidence for Unbiasedness from Three Currencies against the US Dollar," International Journal of Economics and Finance, vol. 5, no. 8, pp. 1916-1927, 2013.
10) M. Chesney and L. Scott, "Pricing European Currency Options: A Comparison of the Modified Black-Scholes Model and a Random Variance Model," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 267-284, 2009.
11) B. LAUTERBACH and P. SCHULTZ, "Pricing Warrants: An Empirical Study of the Black-Scholes Model and Its Alternatives," The Journal of Finance, vol. 45, no. 4, pp. 1181-1209, 1990.
12) O. E. Barndorff-Nielsen, "Exponentially decreasing distributions for the logarithm of particle Size," Proceedings of the Royal Society London, pp. 401-419, 1977.
13) E. Eberlein and E. A. Hammerstein, "Generalized Hyperbolic and Inverse Gaussian Distributions: Limiting Cases and Approximation of Processes," FDM Preprint 80, University of Freiburg., 2002.
14) W. Schoutens, "Lévy processes in Finance: Pricing Financial Derivatives," Wiley, 2003.
15) Tehran Securities and Exchange Organization, "Tehran Securities and Exchange Organization," [Online]. Available: http://new.tse.ir/cms/page577.html.
16) J. Hull, Fundamentals of futures and options markets, Forth ed., 2002.