1Assistant professor, Faculty of Management, University of Qom. Address: Sisters’ Campus, Qom University, Qom-Isfahan old road, Qom, Iran.
2MSc. in Accounting.
This research aims to study the relationship between the components of quality costs and quality in company. The relationship between the components of quality costs and quality in company has been studied separately for materials, manpower, machinery, and whole of company. In this study, traditional method was used to collect quality costs and PAF model was used to determine the components of quality costs. Research hypotheses were examined based on a statistical sample for a production company with ISO for a three-year period from 2011 to 2013 using correlation coefficient model. Results obtained from the study shows that there is a significant diverse relationship between sum of prevention and appraisal costs, and material failure, human resources and overall costs. But there is not a significant inverse relationship for machinery costs. As well, there exists a direct and significant relationship between sum of prevention and appraisal costs, and the quality level of manufactured product, and an inverse and significant relationship between failure costs and the quality level of manufactured product.
1) Anonymous. (2011). A case study on behavior of quality costs in Iran Khodro industrial Dies. Available at: www.ikid.ir.
2) Chopra, A. & Dixit Garg, (2011) , "Behavior patterns of quality cost categories", Total Quality Management, Vol. 23, PP. 510 – 515.
3) Ebrahimi, S (2001). Investigating quality costs in small-sized industries in Farman Khodro Sepahan company. Dissertation of M. Sc., University of Isfahan, Isfahan, Iran.
4) Farsijani, H. (2007). Global Class of organizations and comprehensive quality management, Tehran: Training and Industrial Research Center of Iran.
5) Farsijani, H. and Kiamehr, A. K. (2008). Investigating the situation of quality costing in organizational enhancement management. Journal of Business Management Perspective (Management Perspective), 28:5-28.
6) Gryna, F.(1988).”Quality costs”, jurans quality control hand book, 4th ed.
7) Harington, H.(1998), ”Poor Quality Cost Concept and Practice”, Mc Graw Hill.
8) He, Dadi, (2010), "Engineering Quality Systems: Cost of Quality", Modern Applied Science, Vol. 4, No. 5, PP. 102.
9) Izadinia, N. and Kamali, R. (2013). Investigating the effect of implementing the quality costing system on cost management in Fajr Jam Gas Purification.
10) Mombeini, G. (1998). Applied research on quality costing system in drug companies listed in Tehran Stock Exchange. Dissertation of M. Sc., University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran.
11) Momeni, M. and Fa’al-Ghayoumi, A. (2010). Statistical Analysis using SPSS. Fourth edition.
12) Omar M.K., Murgan S.H., (2014) ,”an improved model for the cost of quality”, international juran of quality and reliability management, volume 31, issu4.
13) Purzandim M. E., Minuie, M., and Bigdeli, S. (2010). Designing a pattern to identify and calculate quality costs in automobile industries. Journal of Financial Knowledge of Securities Analysis.
14) Rajabi, H. (2001). Designing a pattern to identify and control quality costs, case study of Dena Tire company.
15) Zhao F.J.(1999).”Sulphur Assimilation and Effects on Yield and Quality of Wheat”Journal of Cereal Science, Volume 30, Issue1.