1) Baber, W., Fairfield, P. M. and Haggard, J. A. (1991). The effect of concern about reported income on discretionary spending decisions: the case of research and development. The Accounting Review 66 (4): 818-829.
2) Beneish, M. D. (2001). Earnings Management: A Perspective. Managerial Finance , 27 (12), 3-17.
3) Bens, D.A., Nagar, V., Skinner, D.J. & Wong, M. H. F. (2003). Employee stock options, EPS dilution and stock repurchases. Journal of Accounting and Economics, 36 (1-3), 51-90.
4) Bushee, B. (1998). The influence of institutional investors on myopic R&D investment behavior. The Accounting Review 73 (3): 305-333.
5) Christie, A.A. and Zimmerman, J.L. (1994). Efficient and opportunistic choices of accounting procedures: Corporate control contents. The Accounting Review, 69(4), pp.539-566.
6) DeAngelo, L.E. (1986) Accounting Numbers as Market Valuation Substitutes: A Study of Management Buyouts of Publics’ Stockholders, The Accounting Review 61, 400-420.
7) Dechow, P., R. Sloan, and A. Sweeney. (1995) Detecting Earnings Management. Accounting Review 70. pp. 193-225.
8) DeFond, M.L., & Jiambalvo, J. 1994. Debt Covenant Violation and the Manipulation of Accruals, Journal of Accounting and Economics 17,145-176.
9) Healy, P.M. (1985) The Effect of Bonus Schemes on Accounting Decisions. Journal of Accounting and Economics 7(1-3), 85-107.
10) Khajavi, SH., Nazemi, A. (2006) The Relationship Between Quality of Earnings and Market-Based Variables in Tehran Stock Exchange (TSE): The Role of Accrual. Financial Accounting eJournal, DOI:10.2139/ssrn.944168, Available at: http://ssrn.com/
11) Jones, J. (1991) Earnings Management During Import Relief Investigations. Journal for Accounting Research, 29 (1-2), pp. 193-228.
12) Jelinek, K. (2007) The effect of leverage on earnings management. The journal of Business and Economics Studies, 13(2), pp. 24-108.
13) Mashayekhi, B.,Mehrani, S.,Mehrani K. and KARAMI GH.R. (2006) The Role of Discretionary Accruals in Earning Management of listed Companies in Tehran Stock Exchange. The Iranian Accounting and Auditing Review. 12(42), pp. 61-74.
14) Naz, I., Bhatti, K., Ghafoor, A. and Hussain Khan, H. (2011)Impact of Firm Size and Capital Structure on Earnings Management: Evidence from Pakistan. International Journal of Contemporary Business Studies, 12(2), pp. 22-31.
15) Razzaque, R.M., Rahman, M.Z. and salat, A. (2006) Earnings management: An analysis on Textile sector of Bangladesh. The Cost and Management, 34(5), pp. 5-13.
16) Sweeney, A.P. 1994. Debt-Covenant Violations and Manager’s Accounting Responses. Journal of Accounting and Economics 17(3), 281-308.
17) Tahir,S.H and Sabir,H.M. 2011. Impact of Earnings Management on Capital Structure of Non- Financial Companies Listed On (KSE) Pakistan. Vol. 3, No. 1, pp. 96-105.
18) Talebniya GH., Ravanshad M.R. (2011) Earning Management and Capital Structure. Financial Knowledge of Security Analysis (Financial Studies); 3(8); pp.103-118.
19) Watts, R.L., & Zimmerman, J.L. 1986. Positive Accounting Theory. Englewood Clifts: Prentice Hall.
20) Zhang Z. and Liu, X. (2009) The Effects of Capital Structure on Earnings Management: Empirical Evidence from China. First International Conference on Information Science and Engineering, pp.4564-4568