* Altman, E. (1968). Financial ratios, discriminant analysis and the prediction of corporate bankruptcy, The Journal of Finance, 23(4): 589-609.
* Berardi, V. (1988). An Investigation of neural network ensemble methods for posterior probability estimation. Unpublished PhD dissertation, Kent State University.
* Chen, N., Ribeiro, B., Vieira, A., Chen, A. (2013). Clustering and visualization of bankruptcy trajectory using self-organizing map, Expert Systems with Applications, 40 (1), 385–393.
* Coats, P.K, Fant, L.F.(1993). Recognizing financial distress patterns using a neural network tool, Financial Management, 142-155.
* Fletcher, D, Goss, E. (1993). Forecasting with neural networks: An application using bankruptcy data, Information & Management , 24, 159-167.
* Funahashi, K. (1989). On the approximate realization of continuous mappings by neural networks. Neural Networks, 2, 189–192.
* Hornik, K., Stinchcombe, M., & White, H. (1989). Multi-layer feedforward networks are universal approximators. Neural Networks, 2, 359–366.
* Du Jardin, P., Severin, E. (2012). Forecasting financial failure using a Kohonen map: A comparative study to improve model stability over time, European Journal of Operational Research, 221, 378–396.
* Joe, H. Y, Han, I. G, Lee, H. Y. (1997). Bankruptcy prediction using case-based reasoning, neural networks, and discrminant analysis, Expert Systems With Applications, 13(2), 97–108.
* Karray.F.O, Silva,C.D .(2004). Soft Computing and Intelligent Systems Design, Pearson Education Limited.
* Kohonen, T. (1982). Self-organized formation of topologically correct feature maps. Biological Cybernetics, 43, 59–69.
* Kohonen, T. (1997). Self-organizing maps (2nd ed.). Berlin: Springer
* Lacher, R.C. Coats, P.K, Sharma, S.C, Fant, L.F. (1995). A neural network for classifying the Financial health of a firm, European Journal of Operations Research, 85, 53-65.
Lee, K. (2001). Pattern classification and clustering algorithms with supervised and * nsupervised neural networks in financial applications, Ph.D. dissertation: Kent State University.
* Lee, k, Booth, D, Alam, P. (2005). A comparison of supervised and unsupervised neural Networks in predicting bankruptcy of Korean firms, Expert Systems with Applications, (29) . 1-16.
* Odom, M, Sharda, R, (1990). Bankruptcy prediction using neural networks, In Proceedings IEEE International conference on neural networks,(pp. 133–168). San Diego.
* O’Leary, D. E. (1998).Using neural networks to predict corporate failure, International Journal of Intelligent Systems in Accounting, finance and Management, 7, 187–197.
* Rahimian, E, Singh, S. Thammachote, T, Virmani, R. (1993). Bankruptcy prediction by neural network. Neural Networks in Finance and Investing: Using Artificial Intelligence to Improve Real-World Performance, R. Trippi and E. Turban (eds.). Chicago, IL: Probus Publishing Co.
* Rosin, F.L, Fierens, F.(1998). The effects of data filtering on neural network learning, Neurocomputing, 20, 155-162.
* Shan Sung Liew, Mohamed Khalil-Hani and Rabia Bakhteri.(2015). An Optimized Second Order Stochastic Learning Algorithm for Neural Network Training, Neurocomputing, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.neucom.12.076
* Sharda, R. Wilson, R.L. (1996). Neural network experiments in business-failure forecasting: Predictive performance measurement issues, International Journal of Computational Intelligence and Organizations, 1 (2), 107-117.
* Tam, K. Y, Kiang, M. Y. (1992). Managerial applications of neural networks: the case of bank failure predictions. Management Science, 38(7), 926–947.
* Tseng, F.M. Hu, Y.C. (2010). Comparing four bankruptcy prediction models: Logit, quadratic interval logit, neural and fuzzy neural networks, Expert Systems with Applications, (37), 1846-1853.
* Udo, G. (1993). Neural network performance on the bankruptcy classification problem, Computers and Industrial Engineering, 25(1)- 4, 377-380.
* Wilson, R.L, Shard, R. (1994). Bankruptcy prediction using neural networks, Decision Support Systems,11 ، 545-557.
* Yoon, H, Park, C.S, Kim, J.S, Beak, J.G. (2013). Algorithm learning based neural network integrating feature selection and classification, Expert Systems with Applications, 40, 231–241.
* Zhang, G., Hu, M. Y, Patuwo, B. E, Indro, D. C. (1999). Artificial neural networks in bankruptcy prediction: general framework and cross validation analysis. European Journal of Operational Research, 116, 16–32.