1) Allen, Jeffrey W. & Phillips, Gordon M. (200). Corporate equity ownership, strategic alliances, and product market relationships, The Journal of Finance, 6, 2791-2815.
2) Alexandridis, George; Fuller, Kathleen P.; Terhaar, Lars & Travlos, Nickolaos G. (2013). Deal size, acquisition premia and shareholder gains , Journal of Corporate Finance , 20 , 1-13.
3) Almeida, Heitor; Campello, Murillo & Hackbarth, Dirk (2011). Liquidity mergers, Journal of Financial Economics, 102, 526-558.
4) Almeida, Heitor; Campello, Murillo & Weisbach, Michael S. (2004). The Cash Flow Sensitivity of Cash, The Journal of Finance , 59 , 1777-1804.
5) Amit, Raphael; Livnat, Joshua & Zarowin, Paul (1989). A classification of mergers and acquisitions by motives: Analysis of market responses, Contemporary Accounting Research, 6, 143-158.
6) Andrade, Gregor & Stafford, Erik (2004). Investigating the economic role of mergers, Journal of Corporate Finance, 10, 1-36.
7) Anslinger, Patricia L. & Copeland, Thomas E. (1996). Growth through acquisitions: a fresh look, The McKinsey Quarterly, 96, 10-23.
8) Asquith, Paul; Bruner, Robert F. & Mullins Jr., David W. (1983). The gains to bidding firms from merger, Journal of Financial Economics, 11, 121-139.
9) Bacon, Frank W.; Shin, Tai S. & Murphy, Neil B. (1994). Factors motivating mergers: The case of rural electric cooperatives , Journal of Economics and Business, 46 , 129-134.
10) Barnes, Paul (1990). The prediction of takeover targets in the U.K. by means of multiple discriminant analysis, Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, 17, 73-84.
11) Barnes, Paul (2000). The identification of U.K. takeover targets using published historical cost accounting data Some empirical evidence comparing logit with linear discriminant analysis and raw financial ratios with industry-relative ratios, International Review of Financial Analysis , 9 , 147-162.
12) Berkovitch, Elazar & Narayanan, M. P. (1993). Motives for Takeovers: An Empirical Investigation, Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, 28, 347-362.
13) Betton, Sandra; Eckbo, B.Espen & Thorburn, Karin S. (2008). Corporate Takeovers, Tuck School of Business Working Paper, 2, 291-340.
14) Carolyn, Carroll A; Leonard, Zumpano V & Harold, Elder W. (1988). Acquisitions of the 1980's: A Multiple Logit Analysis of Leveraged Buyout Candidates, Review of Business and Economic Research, 20.
15) Castagna, AD & Matolcsy, ZP (1976). Financial ratios as predictors of company acquisitions, Journal of the Securities Institute of Australia.
16) Dietrich, J.Kimball & Sorensen, Eric (1984). An application of logit analysis to prediction of merger targets, Journal of Business Research, 12, 393-402.
17) Franks, Julian R. & Harris, Robert S. (1989). Shareholder wealth effects of corporate takeovers: The U.K. experience 1955–1985, Journal of Financial Economics, 23, 225-249.
18) Hasbrouck, Joel (1985). The characteristics of takeover targets q and other measures, Journal of Banking & Finance, 9, 351-362.
19) Hogarty, Thomas F. (1970). The Profitability of Corporate Mergers, The Journal of Business, 43, 317-327.
20) Liao, Rose C. (2014). What drives corporate minority acquisitions around the world? The case for financial constraints, Journal of Corporate Finance, 26, 78-95.
21) Nielsen, James F. & Melicher, Ronald W. (1973) A financial analysis of acquisition and merger premiums , Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, 8 , 139-148.
22) Palepu, Krishna G. (1986). Predicting takeover targets: A methodological and empirical analysis, Journal of Accounting and Economics, 8, 3-35.
23) Povel, Paul & Sertsios, Giorgo (2014). Getting to know each other: The role of toeholds in acquisitions, Journal of Corporate Finance, 26, 201-224.
24) Roll, Richard (1986). The Hubris Hypothesis of Corporate Takeovers, The Journal of Business, 59, 197-216.
25) Sorensen, Donald E (2000). Characteristics of merging firms, Journal of Economics and Business, 52, 423-433.
26) Stevens, Donald L. (1973). Financial Characteristics of Merged Firms: A Multivariate Analysis, Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, 8, 149-158.
27) Trahan, Emery A. & Shawky, Hany A. (1992) Financial characteristics of acquiring firms: An industry specific approach, Review of Financial Economics.
28) Wansley, James W. & Lane, William R. (1983). A Financial Profile of Merged Firms, Review of Business and Economic Research , 87.
29) Weston, J. Fred; Johnson, Brian A. & Siu, Juan A. (1999). Mergers and acquisitions in the global chemical industry , Business Economics , 34.
30) Weston, J.Fred; Johnson, Brian A. & Siu, Juan A. (1999). Mergers and restructuring in the world oil industry , Journal of Energy Finance & Development, 4 , 149-183.